Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Another interesting email from another pri sch student...

Dear Prime Minister Lee I am Alicia Soh from Beacon Primary School. I enjoy going to school everyday to learn new things. Our principal Miss Lim Boon Cheng shares information about the world from the newspaper. This let me know more about the world around me. It also allows me to know that Singapore is a small but fortunate country as we do not have many disasters. Singapore is a safe place to live in as we have fewer crimes due to our strong police force. I think the B121 programme helps me learn more information about computers and its functions. It is portable and allows me to bring it everywhere. If I have any query, I could take my computer and search for information from the web. The school introduces some online educational games to make learning more fun through interactive games. The school gave all P5 and some P4 pupils a chance to participate in the overseas immersion programme like going to China and Sarawak. I was given an opportunity to China Su Zhou last year when I was in P4 and had lots of fun there. I learned about their culture and how lessons are conducted there. We visited two schools in Su Zhou and had lessons with the pupils in one of the schools. We also visited some attractions there and I learned how to sew and felt I am more independent after I came back to Singapore. I think Beacon Primary School should continue with the overseas immersion programme. I will be in P6 next year and will be taking the PSLE exam. With my results now I am very worried that I will not have good results next year. I will work hard for my coming exams and strive to go to a good secondary school. In 10 years time, I hope I will get a degree from a good University. Yours Sincerely, Alicia Soh (16) 5-4

No comments: