Sth to read on the difficulty faced by a teacher... From Chen Yanhang...
Hyper-parenting and Teachers I am a teacher. A parent decided to make a complaint to the school leaders against me because I have supposedly: 1) requested the girl to cut her fringe. The mother became personal and said that it is ugly for the girl despite it being stated in the school rules. She even turned around to comment sarcastically about my fringe. 2) for giving students autonomy to choose a class t-shirt design by voting. She said that the designs were not to her child\'s liking and that I should have made the decision to select the design. And yet, her next sentences were I should have gave the class the decision to vote through a few selections and I am not supposed to force my decisions on them! In the end, she admitted that it\'s because of a possible selection of a design may not be to her daughter\'s liking. 3) for making her daughter to work with people that she doesn\'t like as this will cause her mental anguish. She said the students are the ones who kept misinterpreting her intentions even though it was her daughter who offended the others with her unkind words. 4) for twisting my words even when I have a valid alibi and she said she is \'upright\' and \'justified\'. She only backed off when I challenged her to interview the alibi directly. 5) for making her a leader as she wanted to be given a position. She claimed that I had forced her but it was the daughter herself who wanted the position. This is not the only incident. There are other incidents faced by other teachers due to extremely unreasonable parents. More often than not, these children do not tell the parents anything and when told, these parents refused to accept or understand the rules and regulations. I know I am a good teacher but I am planning to quit because of such unreasonable people!!
Monday, October 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment